Minnesota homemaker Rebecca Davis began her studies at the age of four in Philadelphia and at age thirteen performed with the Philadelphia Orchestra and was a finalist in Leonard Bernstein s Young Peoples Auditions.
A recipient of numerous awards, grants and scholarships, she received a Teaching Fellowship at The Juilliard School while working on her Masters Degree there and subsequently became a faculty member in the conservatory s Pre-College Division teaching theory and ear training before moving to Los Angeles where she hosted/produced her own classical music program for National Public Radio.
During the past few years Ms. Davis has won top honors (First Prize, Second Prize, Music Critics Awards, Audience Favorite Performance Awards, finalist) at international amateur competitions held in Berlin, Paris, New York and Washington D.C. Rebecca enjoys giving free performances in public schools, nursing homes, hospitals and homeless shelters. She spends much of her free time hiking, swimming and training her wolf hybrid for dog sledding.
Past events featuring this artist
- 9/23/10 - Concert, Yamaha Music Square (Shanghai, China)
- 8/29/09 - Two-Piano Concert, Fort Copacabana (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 8/26/09 - Concert, Fort Copacabana (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 7/4/08 - Concert, Maison de la Radio (Paris, France)
- 7/2/08 - Two-Piano Concert, Maison de la Radio (Paris, France)